Grow Your Own Pearl Oyster Mushrooms
Keep the harvest going all winter long.
- Post a picture with your kit fully grown here, and Back to the Roots will donate a kit and sustainability curriculum to an elementary school classroom of your choice!
- Learn all about oyster mushrooms in our latest Down & Dirty!
- Indoor farming spans the age gap: these kits make perfect gifts for kids and adults alike!
Gone is the season for patio herb gardens, but that doesn’t mean you have to stop growing your own food. Bring the harvest inside, and grow multiple crops of fresh oyster mushrooms right from your kitchen. Your dinner won’t just be the most local it’s ever been -- it’ll be ecologically friendly, too. Back to the Roots operates by turning waste (in this case, used coffee grounds) into sustainable, fresh food. They’re giving new meaning to growing from the ground up.
About Back to the Roots
Founders Alejandro Velez and Nikhil Arora left a path toward investment banking on a whim to create Back to the Roots. With a solid idea, a couple of test batches of oyster mushrooms, and a lot of passion, they’ve grown into national leaders of sustainability and urban farming -- they’re on track to reuse 3.6 million pounds of coffee grounds this year alone. The mushrooms are delicious, too, but that’s just a bonus.
How to Redeem
- Click “Get it Now” to purchase voucher and receive an e-mail confirmation with a unique voucher code. Use this code to redeem your order with merchant.
- Click HERE for redemption
- Enter your voucher code, and recipient’s shipping address.
- For Gift Purchases: If you are selecting "Give this to a friend" the email confirmation will be sent directly to them to redeem. If you'd like to handle the redemption choose "Get it Now" and provide the recipient's shipping address to the merchant upon redemption.
- Note: Voucher code is located at the top of your confirmation e-mail same as the "Confirmation #").
- Shipping included
- Orders redeemed with Back to the Roots after 12/20 will ship on 1/2/13 due to the holidays.
- Can ship to P.O. Box address, but no international shipping
- Kits may be exchanged. Please contact Back to the Roots.
- 2 Kits and free shipping included
- Grow up to 1 1/2 lbs of mushrooms per box
- Multiple crops (2 - 4)
- Soil is 100% recycled coffee grounds
- Just open, mist, and harvest!
- No shelf life – each box can be grown during any time of the year
$38 $56Offer has ended
- Value $56
- Discount 32%