For the Cook Who Has Everything: Adopt a Truffle Tree in Gascony, France
Give the gift of truffle gold -- and a piece of France.
- This is one selfless tree -- it can produce truffles for up to fifty years. (That's a lot of dinner parties you're friends will be begging to attend.)
- Since it’ll be a part of your family, you'll want to go visit -- travel to Le Gers, France, stay at the the truffière B&B, and picnic right beside your tree.
Cooking is always better when you’re close to the ingredients that you’re about to simmer, toss, or chop for dinner. But even if you have a green thumb -- you’ve mastered heirloom tomatoes or tinkered with indoor herb gardens -- or you make friends with your local farmers, your connection with your food likely stops when you hit truffle territory. Not anymore. Adopt a Truffle Tree, and your oak -- nestled on your very own plot in France -- will produce dutifully. And dinner (or that of the lucky receiver) will thank you for it. For years.
About Truffle Tree
Sometimes it takes a while to track down a true calling, and such was the case with Dick Pyle, owner and founder of Truffle Tree. After stints as a mathematician, accountant, and farm-owner, he found his way to France and has been studying the symbiotic relationship between truffles and oak trees ever since. At Truffle Tree, every team member is crucial, right down to -- and especially -- the trusty truffle hounds.
How to Redeem
- Choose “Get it Now” to purchase voucher and receive an e-mail confirmation with a unique voucher code. Use this code to redeem your order with merchant.
- To redeem, click HERE
- Select gifting preferences (optional), tree species, harvest preferences. Choose NO for "Will you pay the annual care and maintenance charge?" (this refers to next year's payment)
- Enter your voucher code from your confirmation email in “Media Code” box and click continue.
- Enter owner details for adoption information to be sent. (Note if this is a gift, notification will be sent on the date entered on the previous page)
- Enter your billing address (you will not be charged or asked for a credit card, unless you have chosen to add-on additional years of maintenance). Click continue.
- Review owner details and choose "Cheque (GBP/EUR) or Voucher Payment" for Payment Method. Click "Place Order" and your adoption will be complete.
- For Gift Purchases on Food52: If you are selecting "Give this to a friend" in the Food52 Shop the email confirmation will be sent directly to them to redeem. If you'd like to handle the redemption with Truffle-Tree.com choose "Get it Now" and provide the recipient's shipping address to the merchant upon redemption.
- Note: Voucher code is located at the top of your confirmation e-mail same as the "Confirmation #"). Do not enter the # sign on the merchants site.
- Price is all-inclusive for first year of tree ownership and adoption.
- Subsequent years require $69 annual care and maintenance fee.
- When will the adopted tree start producing truffles?
- First harvests generally arrive five to nine years from planting.
- Food52 Exclusive: First 10 adopters will get a tree planted in 2006. Following adopters will receive a tree planted in 2009.
- More questions? Read the FAQ
"Whosoever says truffle, utters a grand word..." -- Brillat-Savarin