Fall Heirloom Beans and Mexican Chocolate: New Rancho Gordo Products Exclusive to Food52
Master traditional Mexican mole like you never thought possible.
- Reinvent your pot of beans and your steamed greens -- the naturally bicarbonate-rich Mixteca salt helps soften your beans and keeps your greens brighter!
- Roasted and stone-ground with cinnamon, this Mexican cacao makes for a warm, spiced hot chocolate or a serious coffee upgrade.
Come fall, shorts are swapped out for cozy sweaters to beat the chill, but we’ve got another trick in our arsenal: heirloom beans from Rancho Gordo. With Rancho Gordo, humble pots of beans become rich, complex stews and slow-cooked chilis that keep you warm long after lunch. Start cooking with them before everyone else -- simmer the not-yet-available Xculibul black bean into a simple side, or the heirloom white Ayocote Blanco beans into puree for crostini. Want to get more authentic about it? Give your beans a smoky flavor -- or make a mole -- with their hand-crafted stoneground Mexican chocolate. Being able to nibble on the chocolate as you cook is one of the best cook’s treats around.
About Rancho Gordo-XOXOC Project
This Rancho Gordo cooperative grew out of the desire to support small farmers who grow indigenous, heirloom beans using centuries-old methods. If you can’t be at the local markets in Mexico that stock these beans, this is the next best thing. Want to know more? Check out our latest Supply Chain.
About Rancho Gordo
Frustrated consumers have started some of the world’s best businesses. Case in point: Steve Sando, an avid home cook, was disappointed by the lack of good quality dried beans in markets. So he decided to start Rancho Gordo, simple as that. His beans from Northern California growers, along with a few heirloom imports, have gained him a cult following.
How to Redeem
- Purchase voucher and receive an e-mail confirmation with a unique voucher code. Use this code to redeem your order with merchant.
- To redeem: Click HERE to redeem
- Provide voucher number (found on email confirmation) and shipping address.
- Note: You will find the voucher code located at the top of your confirmation e-mail. It is the same as the "Confirmation #".
- For gift purchases: the voucher code and redemption instructions will be e-mailed directly to the recipient.
- Free Shipping included for continental U.S. only
- Free shipping is for the Food52 Packages only.
- Cannot be combined with other items from the RG website
“In reintroducing the best of the New World heirloom beans, Sando has created a sensation, and food-lovers everywhere will relish transforming this humble staple into a celebrated delicacy.” -- TImber Press